Clear your Saturday morning schedule and get ready to play Al Lopez Park in Tampa this Sunday, March 12! The Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County is hosting the county’s largest play date they’ve dubbed a “Day of Play”, inviting organizations from around our community to join them as they showcase interactive activities for children of all ages.
Here are just a few activities you can expect during the event from 10:00 am-3:00 pm:
* HOT 101.5 morning show personalities Holly and Miguel will be appearing doing an interactive reading on stage
* MOR44 will be on hand
* The following entitles are going to be on hand doing activities:
* Drama Kids International – doing Boom Chicka Boom (singing and dancing)
* The JOY FM 91.5 – on hand to conduct a sorting activity
* The Mexican Dance Troop Grupo Folklorico Mahetzi will be performing
* Glazer Children’s Museum and H.A.R.T. are teaming up to do Wheels on the Bus
* Two Bounce Houses
* Rolling Video game truck
…and much more!
We all know that play is vital to a child’s development. We also know that today’s busy family schedules, stress on academics and electronics are cutting into valuable free play time. While we all want our children to succeed academically, the simple of act of free play is what your child’s growing brain and body really needs to set a solid foundation for their academic, emotional and physical success. The Early Learning Coalition’s Day of Play is a great way to unwind from the daily grind and simply…play!