If you associate the words “kids” and “concerts” with furry puppets and high-pitched auditory torture, get ready to rethink everything thanks to the 2017 Gasparilla Music Festival. Here are just a few reasons why attending Kids Fest at GMF is the perfect way to enjoy music, food and fun for the whole family all weekend long.
1. It’s not your average kid’s entertainment. From 2015 Grammy nominee Secret Agent Skidoo, to silly Bears and Lions, the weekend is packed with a variety of musical acts that are sure to get every toddler’s toe tapping.
2. It’s free and there’s food. Kids 12 and under get to enjoy the GMF Kids Fest jam-packed schedule of events and activities at absolutely no charge. And with 20 tasty vendors on hand to please even the pickiest little peanut, you can take meal-planning and snack-doling off your plate.
3. There’s music and more. Beyond the exciting concert lineup, GMF boasts free Sunday admission to the Glazer Children’s Museum, hula-hooping, dance experiences, face-painting and unique experiences like the Interactive Instrument Petting Zoo and Interactive Kids Zone.
4. You can come back without them. Your ticket is good for same day re-entry, so once your brood has had their fun, you can leave them home with a sitter and come back for some grownup time off.
5. It’s good for them! Exposing kids to music boosts children’s brain power and helps them develop patience and social and math skills. Most importantly, kids love music because it’s fun.
Admission to Gasparilla Music Festival at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is FREE for kids 12 and younger. Advanced purchase General Admission 2 Day tickets are $60. You can also get single day tickets for Saturday for $40 or Sunday for $30 by visiting the GMF website. Kids Fest will be held Saturday and Sunday in Kiley Gardens Park at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park.
Kids Fest Performance Schedule:
Saturday March 11: noon-2pm
Bears and Lions – 1:00pm – Shea Barclay Stage
Patel Conservatory Chorale – 1:15pm – Ferman Amphitheatre
Sugar Rush – 12:15pm – Ferman Amphitheatre
Sunday March 12: noon-5pm
Secret Agent 23 Skidoo – 2:30pm at Glazer Children’s Museum
*2017 Grammy Award Winner – Museum is FREE admission*
Inkblot – 12:15pm – Shea Barclay Tibbetts’ Stage
Little Kids Rock Band – – 12:15pm Ferman Amphitheatre
Kids Fest is just a small part of the amazing events scheduled for the weekend! For more information and full lineup of the 2017 Gasparilla Music Festival, visit https://gasparillamusic.com.
Article originally published in the March 2017 edition of Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine.