Who doesn’t love going to the beach? Especially in Florida, beach weather can be almost year round. Packing the cooler can seem like an easy task, until someone realizes there’s nothing but junk food inside it. So instead of wracking your brain trying to figure out what to put in the cooler instead, we did it for you! Here are our top 14 foods and drinks to pack away instead.
- Easy fixes includes all kinds of fruit! From the kind you peel to picking up containers of precut pieces at the grocery store if you don’t want to do it yourself or just don’t have the time.
- Whole wheat crackers and hummus – still missing your chips and dip? Well say hello to a healthy alternative!
- Trail mix or snack mix – easy to do at home with any choice of dried fruits and nuts. The good things about it is its easy customizability for everyone and it doesn’t need to take up space in the cooler if everyone wants their own separate mix.
- Popcorn – Another great idea that needs no cooling or heating and comes in many flavor options and even organic ones!
- Sandwiches – so many options for the kinds of sandwiches to bring are endless and some also don’t need cooler space! For added fun, try bringing them along in a hot dog bun or replacing the inside of premade rolls or croissants with sandwich fillings!
- Tortilla wraps – a sandwich alternative that allows for eating less bread or for just trying something new!
- Brownies – a great choice for a dessert to your lunch! We chose brownies because they are super easy to divide into little pieces that allow for limiting the family’s sugar intake while still satisfying the old sweet tooth!
- The number one choice has to be fruit and veggie smoothies! The best part about these is the countless organic options that can be thrown into a blender super quick and easy!
- Boxed or canned juices – these are a good choice because of no need of refrigeration so extras can always be put into the car until needed in the cooler. The best options are the ones that are one hundred percent juice with no added sugars.
- Protein drinks – going to the beach to play sports all day? Protein drinks can help rebuild all those muscles everyone will be using to run around all day.
- Sports drinks – another way to go to replenish electrolytes and help to rehydrate, especially important when sweating in the hot Florida sun all day.
- V8 juice – want to get all your fruits or veggies or both? Don’t have time for blending everything yourself? So many flavorful options and different sized bottles that don’t need to be chilled until opened, these are always a quick fix that can be picked up at the supermarket.
- Assorted drink mixes – so many drink mixes are available the options are endless! Good choices are the ones with added vitamins, fiber, or zero calories; although a few extra calories for the day will helpful for running around the beach all day. Try putting an assortment of flavors into one box so everyone has options without bringing a whole bunch of different boxes.
- Water – This one needs no extra explanation for a day to the beach. Hydration is super important when staying in the sun all day, especially when it’s around ninety degrees or more. But who says water has to be the same old boring water? Throw in some fruit into the water bottle the morning or night before the big trip to give some added flavor. Another option can always be the sparkling water for added bubbles!
Summers can be a blast at the beach. We hope your days there are safe and healthy for the whole family, all summer long. Don’t forget the sunscreen!