The thought of leaving the house on New Year’s Eve can be daunting if you are a parent, so why not celebrate at home with the kids and some of their closest friends? We’ve searched some of our favorite blogs to find 10 ideas to make ringing in 2017 a night (or noon if you are celebrating Noon Year’s Eve) to remember!
1. Sparkling Jello Jigglers from Sprinklesomefun.com
2. Cookies and Milk for the Midnight or Noon Year’s Eve Toast from SimplyKierste.com
3. Create a New Year’s Eve Time Capsule. Prettyprovidence.com has these gorgeous printables you can download today!
4. Make a DIY Photobooth Backdrop. We love this idea from Somewhatsimple.com! Bonus-have the kids write down their New Year’s resolutions for 2017 to add to hold in their picture!
5. Make some glittery slime with help from Fun-a-Day.com!
6. Get creative and paint some New Year’s Eve Fireworks with this guide from intheplayroom.co.uk!
7. We love this DIY balloon drop idea from ModernParentMessyKids.com!
8. Get your glow on with this awesome tablescape idea from B. Lovely Events!
9. It’s the perfect favor your guests can create with you! The DIY party streamer! We are totally digging this idea from heyletsmakestuff.com!
10. Turn your Christmas Tree into a New Year’s Tree and decorate it with party hats and noise makers for guests to take. We’ve also seen people leaving New Year’s resolutions on small note cards and pinning them to the tree. Pack it away with the rest of the Christmas decor and wait until it’s time to put up the tree again and see if you’ve accomplished your 2017 goals! Photo from Pinterest.com.