Want your child to continue learning throughout summer in a fun, engaging, hands-on way? Then Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) camp is for you!
Not only can summer camp keep kids busy over the summer, but camp experiences can be life changing. Multiple MOSI campers have sparked their curiosity in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) and gone on to win STEM Fairs and work in STEAM careers.
Here are the top 10 reasons for your child to go to MOSI camp:
- Camp creates memories | Campers take away golden memories of camp whether they are of being silly with friends, trying something new, or creating something innovative.
- MOSI Camp fosters curiosity and creativity | Children are naturally curious. Camps allow them to foster their curiosity and creativity in a variety of ways.
- Kids’ brains stay actively engaged | Summer can be long, but it’s important to keep children’s brains engaged. Let MOSI be an extension of the classroom. Campers are having so much fun, they don’t even realize they are learning!
- Campers connect with others with similar interests | Spending time at camp allows kids to connect with peers they may not normally meet. Camps also encourage collaboration. Many of our campers return year after year and maintain their “camp” friendships.
- MOSI attendees do real science and learn new skills | Whether it’s coding, measuring, dissection, artistic, or observation skills (just to name a few), campers engage in new experiences.
- Children challenge themselves | MOSI creates a safe environment to experiment, invent and innovate. MOSI campers soon learn that “FAIL” is just your “First Attempt In Learning!
- Kids can explore career interests | Campers are introduced to different career opportunities in the themed camps.
- There’s a theme for everyone! | MOSI has so many themes from Harry Potter, cooking, creating video games, Minecraft, robotics, chemistry, physics, dinosaurs, LEGOs, and more!
- It’s a safe Environment | CDC COVID-19 protocols and camp safety recommendations are being followed and all staff members’ backgrounds are screened.
- Campers develop life-long skills | MOSI camps provide a safe environment for kids to enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills that will carry over to all aspects of their life.
MOSI Summer camp offers your child the opportunity to dive deeper into their interests and make friends. Your child will come home inspired and eager about what they have experienced during their time at camp. For more information visit www.mosi.org.
*Presented by MOSI
Originally published in May 2021