Sign up for our newsletter
March 11, 2019
You don’t have to be Irish to gather up your little leprechauns for a sham-ROCKING awesome St. Patrick’s weekend! There are several kid-friendly celebrations this Saturday, March 16, 2019…even though St. Patrick’s Day is actually on Sunday!
There are a ton of St. Patrick’s Day related events being hosted at restaurants throughout Tampa Bay, so you’ll easily find an event near you.
If you are looking for something with more to do for the kids, check out our top picks of family friendly St. Patrick’s Day events we think the entire family will enjoy!
1) Mayor’s River O’ Green Fest at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in downtown Tampa | March 16 from 11:00 am-5:00pm: This is our favorite St. Patrick’s Day event! Don’t miss this 8th annual event! It’s a ‘picture perfect’ way to spend the day with the family as you enjoy live music, food trucks, games, activities for kids and the highlight of the day—the dyeing of the Hillsborough River a shade of Kelly Green! There will also be a Family Scavenger Hunt which starts at 11am. You can pick up a Leprechaun Map at the registration tent at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and search for 10 hidden leprechauns! Turn in your map by 3pm for a raffle ticket for your chance to win a grand prize. There is a suggested donation of $10 which will go to the Salvation Army of Tampa. Riverogreen.com
2) Pirate Water Taxi River O Green in Tampa | March 16: Pirate Water Taxi will be running on extended hours from 10:00 am-12:00 am, so why not hop on the boat and take a tour to the Mayor’s River O’ Green Fest and explore St. Patrick’s Day along the Riverwalk!??! There will be free beads on board and beer and wine for purchase for the 21 and older crowd! Normal day rates are $20 adults, $10 kids. Piratewatertaxi.com
3) Gilleoghan’s Dance Extravaganza at Glazer Children’s Museum | March 16 at 2:00 pm: If you are already checking out the Mayor’s River O Green Fest, stay and play at the Glazer Children’s Museum and enjoy a live dance performance by Gilleoghan’s Irish Dance organization in honor of this lucky holiday! glazermuseum.org
4) Rough Riders St Patrick’s Day Parade in Ybor City | March 16 at 7:00 pm: The annual parade starts at 8pm and will march down Ybor City’s 7th Avenue. You can even take a Street Car from downtown after the River O Green Fest and head to Ybor to continue to the St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Given the start time of the parade, it’s probably best for older kids or even a date night after dropping off the kids with a sitter! tamparoughriders.org
5) St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Armature Works | March 16 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Armature Works is hosting a day of Irish fun on the Front Lawn with traditional Irish Step Dancers, Irish Music, an Urban Kai paddle-board pop-up, the Monkey Mixer Whiskey Cocktail Truck, as well as a corned beef and cabbage special from Butcher n Barbecue inside of Heights Public Market! This event is FREE to attend! For the full line up, click here.
Looking for more family fun? Find more events in Tampa Bay near you! And for more grown-up St Patty’s Day fun, check out Tampa Date Night Guide’s Best St. Patrick’s Day Ever article!