The Florida Aquarium: a must-visit destination for summer fun and discovery!
At the Florida Aquarium, meet more than 14,000 Florida natives and exotic animals from around the world. Go from tree level to sea level, starting your journey along the Florida Wetlands Trail where you can come face-to-face with alligators, playful otters and free-flying birds. Journey to Madagascar and get nose-to-nose with ring-tailed lemurs, see dazzling Indian Ocean coral and fishes, and meet other fascinating residents from the Island Country.
Continue your Aquarium experience by winding through the Bays and Beaches gallery where you can see some of Tampa Bay’s native wildlife and even touch a stingray and bamboo shark. Finally, make your way out to the Coral Reef and experience the Aquarium’s half-million-gallon coral reef exhibit featuring sand tiger sharks, sea turtles and thousands of tropical fish.
Now, more than ever, there are so many reasons to visit The Florida Aquarium:
- Touch a moon jelly at Moon Bay. Get a feel for the Aquarium’s newest interactive jelly touch experience. Don’t miss out on this new exhibit which is the fourth of its kind in North America!
- Experience the Waves of Wonder gallery featuring the Heart of the Sea exhibit. Discover ocean jellies, watch a giant Pacific octopus and visit colorful clownfish as they look out from their sea anemone homes. Learn about the Aquarium’s conservation field work that saves coral reefs, sea turtles and sharks with the Heart of the Sea display.
- Cool off at The Splash Pad. Bring a swimsuit and towel and soak up the Florida sun while making a splash in the outdoor kids’ water play area with spray zones, water dump buckets and a dry-side shaded play area. Parents can enjoy a beverage at FINS cantina and lunch at Café Ray.
- Have a 4D Experience® in the 4 Ducks 4-D Theater. With multiple showings of kids’ movies and wildlife documentaries each hour, it’s a great way to cool off and enjoy a new dimension of fun.
- Voyage out into Tampa Bay on a Wild Dolphin Cruise. Take to the seas and learn about Tampa Bay and many animals that call it home while searching for Atlantic bottlenose dolphins on the Aquarium’s 72-foot Bay Spirit II catamaran.
- Swim with the fish and sharks. There’s no better way to cool off from the summer heat than to immerse yourself in one of the Aquarium’s exhibits. Kids ages 6 and above can swim in the Aquarium’s Heart of the Sea exhibit among bonnethead sharks, a sea turtle and more. Kids ages 9 and above can meet sand tiger sharks with a Shark Swim in the Aquarium’s half-million-gallon Coral Reef habitat.
Learn more about The Florida Aquarium and all its summer adventures and experiences at flaquarium.org.