Sign up for our newsletter
November 10, 2020
Did you know your child can get a letter from Santa with a return address from the North Pole? You DO NOT want to miss out on this opportunity from the the United States Postal Service’s “Greetings from the North Pole” program.
It will require some work on your part since you’ll be playing the role of Santa, but we promise, the lifelong memories you will make with your child will make it all worthwhile!
Time is quickly running out though. The letters must be received by the Anchorage, Alaska postmaster no later than Friday, December 14, 2020 so plan to get the letter in the mail no later than December 7, 2020.
1) Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
2) Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response.
3) Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
4) Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
5) Affix a First-Class Mail stamp, such as a new Holiday Windows stamp, to the envelope.
6) Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope with appropriate postage and address it to:
North Pole Postmark Postmaster
4141 Postmark Drive
Anchorage, AK 99530-9998
“Letters from Santa” must be received by the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 15. Santa’s helpers at the Postal Service will take care of the rest.
Share your experience on social media using #LettersFromSanta.
More tips form USPS:
*Save paper and write Santa’s response on the back of your child’s letter so your child remembers what they wrote to Santa! It will also be a nice keepsake you’ll treasure for years to come!
Here’s a link of examples if you need some inspiration!
*Since YOU are responding as Santa, make sure to highlight your child’s accomplishments over the last year to make the letter from Santa even more personal.
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
*Photo by Darlene Barlows Photography for our December 2017 cover
You must be logged in to post a comment.