Sign up for our newsletter
June 20, 2019
The library is a valuable community resource that helps families make the most of their summer while developing a positive relationship with reading and nurturing a sense of discovery.
The library offers a limitless world of adventure and entertainment. Instantly stream thousands of digital movies and music at home or on the road through Hoopla Digital.
1) Beat the heat and watch popular new release movies on the library’s large screens. For show times visit http://bit.ly/HCPLCSummerMovies19.
2) Traveling? Start your journey at the library. Apply for a U. S. Passport at the Bloomingdale Regional Library or the Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library. For details visit https://HCPLC.org/services/passport.
3) No need to carry heavy books with you on vacation. Access the library’s digital collection of travel guides at http://bit.ly/HCPLCLonelyPlanetHoopla or learn common travel phrases in over 70 languages at http://bit.ly/HCPLCMangoLanguages.
4) Looking for something to entertain the kids? Check out a Playaway Launchpad. These kids-only learning tablets are designed for children ages 5-10 and contain preloaded STEAM and Early Literacy games. No Wi-Fi required. https://HCPLC.org/books/launchpad
5) Engage with robots, outer space and the unknown through the library’s dynamic line up of specialty performers.
6) Learn to play a ukulele or conduct a science experiment from the comfort of your home by borrowing one of the library’s educational games and models.
7) Transform your summer through hands-on experiences. Unleash your creativity all season long by participating in a craft or maker program.
8) Challenge yourself and compete with your friends. Play a game of chess or solve puzzles to unlock secret codes in the library’s escape room events.
9) Read to earn free books, Tampa Bay Rays tickets and a chance to win passes to local attractions. Children birth through grade 12 can log their reading from June 1 – August 10 through the library’s “A Universe of Stories” https://HCPLC.org/Summer and “Reading with the Rays” https://www.mlb.com/rays/community/reading programs.
10) Share your summer reading memories with us. Tag us on Facebook and Instagram or tweet us @TampaHillsLib #813Reads #HCPLCSummer.
Make the library a part of your summer adventure. Visit us at HCPLC.org.