Sign up for our newsletter
January 9, 2018
One of the hardest parts of being a parent can be finding quality time to connect with your partner or significant other. A regularly scheduled “date night” is a great way for couples to spend time with each other and focus on themselves and their relationship.
But how to figure out where to go and what to do? We’ve partnered with Tampa Bay Date Night Guide to highlight some great date night activities. Tampa Bay Date Night Guide seeks to inspire couples to strengthen their relationship by spending quality time together having fun, connecting, and remembering why couples fell in love in the first place.
1) Try a new restaurant: Bulla Gastrobar in South Tampa that recently opened its doors along South Howard Avenue. The tapas restaurant also offers delicious drinks and brunch! If you want something sweet, we are also loving The Dessert Spot at Toffee to Go in Tampa!
2) Discover Tampa’s Riverwalk: Take a stroll or explore the Riverwalk on wheels with Coastal Bike Share or go on a Segway tour with Magic Carpet Glide Segway. You can even explore by boat with Pirate Water Taxi or Tampa Bay Water Bike Company. Grab a drink and bite to eat at The Saile, Ulele or Sono Café at the Tampa Museum of Art.
3) Try a Drive–In Movie Date: Go old school with a drive-in movie at Fun-Lan Drive-In Theater in Tampa, Joy-Lan Theater in Dade City or the Ruskin Family Drive-In in North Ruskin.
4) Plan a healthy date night in St Pete: Try the vegan and gluten-free offerings at Love, Food Central located at 2057 Central Avenue in St Pete or the raw vegan menu from The Cider Press Café, at 601 Central Avenue. Locale Market at the Sundial in downtown St. Pete is another favorite!
5) Pretty courtyard dining experiences: Dine outdoors at Restaurant BT in South Tampa or Ceviche in St. Pete. If you want a water view, the Columbia Café at the Tampa Bay History Museum is a must and so are Jackson’s Bistro Bar & Sushi and American Social in Tampa.
6) Have a ghostly good time! Go on a ghost tour in Tampa’s historic Ybor City with Ybor Ghost Tour!
7) Brew up some fun at a Tampa Bay area brewery! Some favorite spots include the Brew Bus Terminal & Brewery near Ybor City, Green Bench Brewing Co. in St Pete, Rock Brother’s Brewing in Ybor City, and 81Bay Brewing Co. in Tampa.
8) Plan a day date for brunch! Some our favorite spots include Oystercatchers in Tampa, the Ceviche restaurants in Tampa and St. Pete, Marchand’s Bar & Grill at The Vinoy Renaissance, Oxford Exchange in Tampa, and Ella’s Americana Folk Art Café in Seminole Heights.
Originally published in the January 2018 issue of Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine.