It’s not quite u-pick season in Tampa Bay, but a few place are offering u-pick opportunities like Dooley Groves in Ruskin if you’re in the mood for citrus or Hunsader Farms in Bradenton if you’re looking for lunch and a u-pick strawberry outing.
Before you go, make sure to pack your face mask because some places require you to wear a mask in designated areas, but otherwise…the farm is the perfect place to social distance under the sun! Check each farm’s social pages or websites to ensure they are open as hours and dates change with weather and whether a crop is available for u-pick.
- Spivey Farms in Plant City is open for one day only as a test run on Saturday, March 7 from 9am-4pm. Learn more here and follow them for future updates.
- Keel & Curley in Plant City is offering u-pick organically grown strawberries Wednesday through Friday starting at 11:00 am and Saturday starting at 10:00 am. Check their Facebook page here for updates.
- JG Ranch in Brooksville has been promoting some u-pick opportunities of strawberries while they last and other fresh vegetables like broccoli and lettuce. Again, you’ll want to check in on their Facebook page to see if they are open for u-pick before you head out.
- Fancy Farms in Plant City: U-pick strawberries this weekend, February 27-28 from 9am-4pm for two days only! The U-Pick location is NOT AT THE MARKET! The U-Pick location is at our farm at 3524 Futch Loop Plant City, FL 33566. Containers will be provided. CASH ONLY. Price is $1 per quart. No admission fee. Visit Facebook page for updates.
- Dooley Groves in Ruskin is offering citrus u-pick of honeybelles and pineapple oranges daily from 10:00 am-4:00 pm in February. Visit their website here to learn more details about what to expect–you will need a face mask when inside their market area where you get the sanitized basket.
- Hunsader Farms in Bradenton says it has strawberries and tomatoes for u-pick, along with a petting zoo! Learn more here.
- Upicktopia in Masaryktown has a variety of veggies available for u-pick. You’ll want to check their Facebook page before you go to see what’s picking, but we’ve recently seen strawberries, broccoli, collard greens, and soooo much more!
- Starkey Blueberry Farm in New Port Richey is offering strawberry u-pick, but you’ll want to check their Facebook page for daily updates.
- Strawberry Passion/Passion Organics in Thonotosassa has tomatoes and sunflowers available for U-Pick this weekend. This weekends hours are: Friday 10 am – 4 pm | Saturday 9 am – 2 pm | Sunday 9 am – 2 pm. Check their Facebook page for updates. They also have a fresh market to purchase other fruits and veggies.
- A Land of Delight Natural Farm and Nursery in Plant City hosts a regular farmers market and u-pick. Only on select days those which have been on Fridays and Saturdays. U-picks are mostly greens which are great for smoothies and salads! The market has plenty of fresh produce, honey, and soooo much more. Check their Facebook page here for updates.
- Favorite Farms in Dover will be offering daily u-pick em up strawberries beginning March 3 from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. This is not a u-pick, but the berries are fresh from the field. Visit their Facebook page to stay up to date.
Want to add your favorite u-pick farm? Email us and let us know so we can share: email@example.com
*Follow us on Instagram for more family fun! instagram.com/tampabayparenting
More stories we think you’ll LOVE: