We’re taking you on an INSIDE LOOK as ZooTampa reopens so you can get an idea of what the new zoo experience will be like after it reopens following a temporary closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We went during the member preview day. ZooTampa officially reopens on Friday, May 29.
Overall, it’s a great experience. In fact, we think you might even like it more because of all of the extra space!
Here’s a look at what it’s like during this new normal as ZooTampa Reopens:
Here’s the nutshell of what to expect during your visit as ZooTampa Reopens:
- You’ll want to book your tickets and/or reservation online because capacity is going to be kept at 50%. zootampa.org
- You will have your temperature taken with a thermal monitoring camera when you arrive. It’s super easy. All you have to do is stand in front of a camera. No contact.
- You’ll notice a lot of extra signage to remind you about social distancing. 6 feet apart!
- There are A LOT MORE hand sanitizing stations throughout the zoo. Use them.
- Masks are encouraged and if you don’t have your own, they are giving away free disposasble masks. (We wore our own masks while indoors at the gift shops.)
- Most rides are still moving, but at reduced capacity. We also noticed staff cleaning the rides between each go around, so be patient. You may have to wait.
- You can still book Animal Encounters, but you’ll have to wear a mask.
- Dinos Alive is being extended through August 9th, so be sure to check this special exhibit out with the kids! It’s super cool! See our INSIDE LOOK of Dinos Alive!
Here’s a look at more of what to expect at local attractions as they reopen after COVID-19 related closures:
INSIDE LOOK | MOSI Reopens
INSIDE LOOK | The New Normal at the Florida Aquarium