It’s about time! Adventure Island announced it will be open year-round from now on which means when you’re sweating under the Florida sun in December, you can grab your bathing suits and towels and head to water park for a cool down!
But, wait…doesn’t it get a little cold in the winter in Florida? Won’t the water be cold? Yes, it gets cold and no, the water won’t be cold. Adventure Island has installed water heaters so the lazy river, pools and waterslides to ensure non-stop fun.
The waterpark won’t be open 7 days a week. It will be closed a few days during the week, but it looks like be weekends and then on some weekdays throughout the rest of the year. You can see the calendar here.
This wasn’t the only big announcement. Adventure Island is also unveiling its new full-service Hang Ten Tiki Bar which opens Friday, September 10. This is the first full-service bar for the waterpark.
So this means, if the big game is on TV, your favorite sports fan can sip a cocktail and watch the game on the big screen TVs and not miss a moment.
Here’s what Adventure Island says you can expect to find at Hang Ten Tiki Bar:
- Sparkling cocktails on draft including the refreshing Beach Bum Mojito, The Hang Ten classic daquiri with an island twist, Surfin’ Strawberry Margarita, and Mahalo Mule, all served in a souvenir tiki cup
- What’s a tiki bar without frozen cocktails? Guest can enjoy the Island Lava Flow or Caribbean Corkscrew frozen specialty cocktails, or even get a non-alcoholic version the whole family can enjoy.
- Hang Ten features an impressive selection of more than 20 international and local Florida-distilled rums.
- Sip a surf-themed rum or beer flight: The “Shortboard Flight” features a unique selection of international or local Florida rums, or beer lovers can try the “Longboard Flight” with local craft brews.
- New Island light bites include a Tiki Man soft pretzel, empanadas and local gulf smoked fish dip with a pineapple relish.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are available for all ages, including refreshing juices which can be served in a souvenir tiki cup.
- Vanish Point: An INSIDE LOOK at one of the newest water slides at Adventure Island
- INSIDE LOOK: Solar Vortex water slide at Adventure Island
- The Best Spots to Go Tubing in Tampa Bay