The weather is nice and chilly, which means it is the perfect time to warm up with chili! This chili is tasty, healthy, and freezes well so that you can enjoy it as a quick dinner or lunch later on. Best of all, you can have all of the ingredients delivered right to your door, so that you can spend more time playing with the kids and less time chasing them through the grocery store!
1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 ears fresh corn
3 cups organic vegetable stock (or water), divided
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 (15-oz) cans organic red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (14.5-oz) cans organic diced tomatoes
1 (8-oz) can organic tomato sauce
1 (1.25-oz) packet low-sodium chili seasoning
1 lime (optional)
– Chop onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and cilantro.
– Cut corn from cob (about 1 1/2 cups).
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups vegetable stock to a boil. Add quinoa; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 12-15 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat large stock pot on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pot; add onions, peppers, corn, and garlic. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining 1 cup stock, chili seasoning, and quinoa. Simmer 20 minutes; stir in cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime.
To have all of these ingredients delivered to your door, visit Shipt. Simply create a login, make a grocery list, and your shopper will deliver everything you need. Chasing the kids around the store is no longer required when you need groceries.
Find the nutrition facts here.