The Force was definitely with MOSI when we hosted a safe and successful Star Wars Family Night in January. To continue to be a resource for our community in the areas of science, technology and innovation, we will host another Family Night March 6 about Crazy Contraptions from 6-8 p.m. You can build Rube Goldberg Machines and invent your own contraption as a team or explore the Saunders Planetarium and reward your efforts with some liquid nitrogen ice cream.
MOSI is also hosting a family friendly FREE Skywatch March 20 at 8 p.m. (depending on the weather). Take a look through our telescopes and ask our MOSI astronomers any space questions.
March is also the start of camp season. Never been to MOSI camp before? We are holding a Camp Open House on March 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. so families can tour camp classrooms, meet MOSI educators and try out some hands-on experiments. You can even register to win a free week of summer camp.
Why should you send your child to MOSI camps?
- Attending camp can spark a child’s interest in a STEAM topic. It gives kids a chance to explore, experiment, broaden their interests and see STEAM Careers.
- MOSI camps are hands-on, minds-on. The campers are having so much fun that they don’t even realize they are learning!
- There are so many themes to capture their interest: Minecraft, coding, Harry Potter, dinosaurs, cooking, sports, video games, superheroes, movie making, robotics, dissections and so much more.
- Campers will learn to problem solve, think critically, collaborate, be creative and think out of the box.
- Children are naturally curious and MOSI offers many ways to engage and foster that curiosity.
MOSI offers hands-on activities that encourage your child to actively participate. Kids are encouraged to make observations, ask questions, build, experiment and code. This allows them the chance to make their own discoveries and provides them with real experiences that they are sure to remember. Hands-on, inquiry-based science helps to teach children strategies that will help them solve complex challenges in the future.
Spring Break camp runs from March 15-19. Summer camps run all ten weeks of summer, June 1 to Aug.6. Capacity is limited so be sure to register early!
All of our camps and programs follow CDC guidelines to keep campers and staff safe. More information can be found at the MOSI website at www.mosi.org.