The “best summer ever” is right around the corner and the YMCA is offering day camp to make sure kids and teens in Tampa Bay are adventurous, active and healthy this summer. YMCA Summer Camp offers kids fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time. As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year. Attending YMCA Summer Camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academically throughout the summer.
The Y provides a welcoming environment where campers can build relationships, develop character and discover their potential. Here are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, kids have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The lasting bonds formed at camp are important.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Kids return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
As a leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y provides youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build character.
So, what are you waiting for? Give your kids the gift of camp to keep their minds and bodies active and engaged all summer long. Just log on to http://www.ymcatampabay.org/find-your-y/ and find the Y location most convenient to you. To ensure all youth have the chance to experience camp, the YMCAs of Tampa Bay offer financial assistance to those in need. Just ask if you qualify!